Emily Heird, LPC/MHSP
Emily founded Knoxville Counseling Services, PLLC in 2015 and serves as President and CEO. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Collaborative Divorce Coach, and Rule 31 Mediator. She received her Bachelor of Science from the College of William & Mary, and her Master of Education in Counseling and Counselor Education from Indiana University. Emily has been providing counseling services to individuals and families in Knoxville since 2011.
Emily specializes in couples therapy, divorce services, and adult individual therapy. Emily is passionate and energetic and assists her clients in taking steps towards making positive, long-lasting changes in their life. Emily's goal is to help clients live up to their fullest potential by offering a safe therapeutic environment and belief in a client's inner resources to make desired changes. Emily takes an integrative strengths-based approach to counseling, incorporating techniques from many approaches including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), positive psychology, mindfulness, and solution-focused. She collaborates with you to find what approach best fit your needs.
When helping clients through the divorce process, either through a Collaborative Divorce, or divorce mediation services, she aims to help the adults and children navigate the process in a manner that preserves dignity and respect, with the goal to maintain amicable relationships post-divorce. Please visit Divorce Services to learn more.
Emily has previously served as an Adjunct Professor of Psychology at King University and is the current Vice President of the East Tennessee Collaborative Association.
- Relationship counseling: pre-marital, marriage, and couples counseling
- Divorce services: Collaborative Divorce, Mediation, and individual therapy to work through the divorce process
- Adult individual therapy to address issues such as: anxiety, depression, self-esteem, career identity, trauma, grief and loss, and more.
Monday - Friday 9 am - 4 pm.
Fees vary by services.
- Individual counseling: $ 125 per session
- Couples/marriage counseling: $125 per session
- Divorce mediation services: $175 per hour
- BlueCross BlueShield
- United Healthcare
- Out-of-network claim filing
- HSA Cards